Can I Make a Reservation?

• Post category:Writing

Skill: Writing 

Topic: Travel 

Mode: Presentational 

Level: Intermediate 

Can-Do/Competency: I can write an email requesting information about the accommodations at a resort (food, activities, lodging, etc.) and expressing your references.  

Excerpt: Students request information and make a reservation at a fake resort via email for an upcoming trip 

Activity components:  

Either an information sheet from a resort or a made-up information sheet for a hotel with information that a customer would use in planning a trip there.  

Instructions to the teacher: 

Provide either a real or made-up information sheet from a resort for each student. The students should write you an email, as if you were an employee of the resort. The email should request specific information for the trip the student is planning to take in a few months. The message could ask about rooms, food / restaurants, what activities are available, etc. You should then reply to the email with answers, and the student should then get back with you making a specific reservation (e.g. ‘I would like a double room. Can I make a reservation for the restaurant on Monday night, etc.) 

Instructions to students: 

Your instructor will provide either a real or made-up information sheet from a resort for you to look over. You should then write an email to your instructor, as if he/she were an employee of the resort. The email should request specific information for the trip you are planning to take in a few months. The message could ask about rooms, restaurants / food, what activities are available, etc. Your instructor will then reply to the email with answers, and you should then get back with your instructor making a specific reservation (e.g. ‘I would like a double room. Can I make a reservation for the restaurant on Monday night, etc.)